- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Learn fundamentals of garment construction. Sewing a garment of your choice, measure, cut fabric, use interfacing and stabilizers, choose seam finishes and employ other essential sewing skills. Work with a commercial pattern appropriate for your skill level and leave with a finished garment. Students who take Beginning Clothing Design in the fall may continue with this class. Students are welcome to take this class more than once. Prerequisite: Basic Sewing. Limit 6 students
Skill LevelAll Levels
To the first class session, bring one or more sewing patterns you would to make (Please avoid formal gowns, suits & tailored jackets).
After choosing your pattern style and size in class, you will need:
- Fabric, thread, and other notions needed for your project, as discussed in the first class.
- Your sewing kit (scissors, pins, seam ripper, marking tools, measuring tape, etc)
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.