- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Contemporary Art Quilts
Design and make a small contemporary art quilt using fabric scraps and larger pieces. Learn basic quilting techniques and more, touching on surface elements and dimensionality. Finish with new ideas, techniques and inspiration to continue your own work.
All levels, new and returning students are welcome.
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- Sketch book and colored pencils or other drawing materials
- Fabric scraps, at least 3 inches in either direction
- Some larger pieces of fabric, fat quarters (18” x 22”) or similar size
- Rotary cutter with good, sharp blade
- Several #66 bobbins
- Basic sewing kit including thread, scissors, pincushion, pins, needles, seam ripper, thimble
We supply sewing machines, but you may bring your own machine if you prefer.
Storage is very limited, so students must prepare to bring their materials and supplies to class each week.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Summer Program for Children 2015
- Spring–Summer 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Fall 2014–Winter 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.