- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Draw for a Day
Too busy for a weekly class? Want the energy of new ideas? A fun and welcoming environment? A fabulous artist as your guide?
Try a one-day drawing workshop.
Each workshop, each artist is different. Each workshop is designed for artists of all levels to enjoy and experiment. Each will inspire you in a new way.
Elisa Hamilton imbues everyday objects and environments with vibrant color and a combination of liveliness and comfort. Her drawings make you glad to be alive. Join her for a day of in-the-moment drawing exercises that spark experimentation, dissolve artistic inhibition, and encourage fluidity and fun. Use multiple mediums and create many drawings in a single day. Loosen up and play with line, color and a generous spirit.
Develop intuitive drawing techniques that emphasize color and motion. Work from life, using simple objects as a springboard for lively, beautiful expression. Work on multiple drawings at once and gain fluidity with line, gesture, color, opacity and transparency.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring with you:
- Acrylic paints: red, yellow, blue, black and white, plus any other colors you desire
- Brushes of your choice, if you like. The instructor will also supply brushes for the day.
- Rags or paper towels for clean-up
- A full pad of newsprint paper, 18” x 24” or larger
- A full pad of mixed-media or heavy drawing paper, 18” x 24” or larger
Be prepared to use ALL of this paper during the workshop.
We will supply:
- Compressed charcoal
- Sumi ink
- White paper plates for color mixing
- Oil pastels
- Brushes of various sizes. (Nothing fancy, though, so if you have your own brushes that you prefer, please bring them.)
- Small cups for ink and water
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
We are not currently offering these workshops. If you are interested, please let us know.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 2014–Winter 2015 catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.