Drawing for Comics & Cartoons I
Hone your drawing skills and advance your personal style. With tools and tricks used by cartoonists and illustrators, create memorable characters: humorous, heroic and anything in between. Set a scene, create drama and deliver a punchline in a single image or sequentially. Get the most out of your pencil sketches, then finish them off with ink and markers. Open to teens and adults.
Age Range14 +
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to first class:
- a sketchbook (any kind)
- a pad of Bristol board, at least 20 sheets, 11”x 14” or larger
- scrap paper for testing pens, etc.
- pencils (any kind)
- glass jar for water
- paper towels or rags
Additional supplies to be discussed in class; you may purchase in advance or wait until class discussion:
- Acrylic ink, one jar black, one jar white (any brand)
- Artist's drawing pens: Prismacolor or Micron brand recommended
- Sable brushes, at least one small round and one fill brush
- We will also discuss additional optional materials for ‘inking.’
Find out where to buy supplies.