- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Drawing for Comics & Cartoons
Hone your drawing skills and advance your personal style. With tools and tricks used by cartoonists and illustrators, create memorable characters: humorous, heroic and anything in between. Set a scene, create drama and deliver a punchline in a single image or sequentially. Get the most out of your pencil sketches, then finish them off with ink and markers. Open to teens and adults.
After this class, take your skills one step further with Drawing for Comics & Cartoons II.
Age Range14 +
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to first class:
- a sketchbook (any kind)
- a pad of Bristol board, at least 20 sheets, 11”x 14” or larger
- scrap paper for testing pens, etc.
- pencils (any kind)
- glass jar for water
- paper towels or rags
Additional supplies to be discussed in class; you may purchase in advance or wait until class discussion:
- Acrylic ink, one jar black, one jar white (any brand)
- Artist's drawing pens: Prismacolor or Micron brand recommended
- Sable brushes, at least one small round and one fill brush
- We will also discuss additional optional materials for ‘inking.’
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We are now adding classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.