- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Hand Embroidery Workshop
Explore the beauty and versatility of hand needlework. Make your own personal sampler with traditional and modern embroidery stitches and experiment with creativity. Learn a variety of techniques and be exposed to contemporary interpretations of the tradition so you can make your own unique works of art. We will have plenty of time for group and individual stitching.
And check out Joetta's blog, which touches on all kinds of fiber arts, her own and others’.
Age Range17+, teens by permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- a pair of sewing scissors
- at least two embroidery needles
- an embroidery hoop, 6”-8” recommended
- Cotton DMC embroidery floss, 2–3 skeins (or more) of different colors
- a water–soluble fabric marker (available at any craft or fabric store)
- basic cotton or linen fabric, pre–washed, at least 10”x10”
- a pencil
- a Sharpie pen
- sketch paper (newsprint, copy paper, notebook, your choice)
Vintage linens will also be available for purchase in class.
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 2014 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2014
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.