- By Category
- By Age Group
- By Day & Time
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- School Partnerships
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Intermediate Sewing: Beyond Basics
Move your sewing skills to the next level. Adjust a pattern for your size. Choose and cut fabric expertly. Go beyond basics with zippers and more. Get started with a garment of your choice. Students may take this short course multiple times, completing multiple projects and advancing to more complex patterns.
Age Range17+, teens by permission
Basic Sewing or equivalent experience
Recommended sewing kit:
- 1 pair 3”–4” sharp scissors (embroidery type, for cutting threads)
- 1 pair 9” cutting shears (Fiskar, Weiss and Gingher are good brands)
- common pins (in pin cushion or small box) Note: magnetic pin containers may damage computer discs
- tape measure (not pull-out)
- 6” metal sewing gauge, for measuring (Dritz or other brand)
- assortment of hand sewing needles, sizes 5–10
- needle threader
- seam ripper
- marking pencils: 1 dark, 1 light color. Use chalk or wax, not quilters’ pencils.
- thread for marking and basting. 1 white and 1 black are good choices
- size 66 plastic bobbins (please bring at least 3 to start)
At first class, we will discuss:
- amount and types of fabric you will need
- notions listed on patterns: zipper, interfacing, etc.
Find out where to buy supplies.
Instructor, Schedule, and Cost
Section 1M: 8 Thursdays, 6:30-9 pm
Jun 11-Jul 30, 2015
View other courses in:
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall–Winter 2015/16 catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children 2015
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.