- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Knitting Open Workshop (Intermediate/Advanced)
You’ve learned basic knitting, and you may have made mittens and a hat. Take your skills to the next level and bring in a project of your choice. Get support and added techniques in an open workshop setting where instructor and students support each other as you create and finish your projects. Students often continue in this class for multiple semesters, increasing skills, making more complex projects and enjoying the camaraderie with instructor and students. Past projects include sweaters, lacework, fair isle, blocking and more.
Please note: To take this class, you must already know long-tail cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, binding off and how to read a pattern.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
To take this class, you must already know long-tail cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, binding off, and how to read a pattern.
Bring to first class:
- Your pattern, or a choice of patterns, or your ideas for what you want to make.
- If you are in the middle of a project, just bring it with you.
- Knitting needles as specified by your pattern.
- Yarn as specified by your pattern.
Find out more about where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.