Notice All SPRING In-House Classes and Workshops are canceled
Contemporary Art Quilt 1W20
Design and make a small contemporary art quilt using fabric scraps and larger pieces. Learn basic quilting techniques and more, touching on surface elements and dimensionality. Finish with new ideas, techniques and inspiration to continue your own work.
All levels, new and returning students are welcome.
Brenda Jones designs and sews unique quilts and wall art using fabrics, embroidery, beads and other materials that enhance her themes. She has made crafts most of her life, focusing on fiber art for the past decade. Her work has been shown at the Lowell Quilt Festival, Dei Centre (Accra, Ghana), City Gallery at Waterfront Park (North Charleston SC) and elsewhere. She is retired as a principal in the Boston Public Schools.
“My quilts usually include organic elements, jewel tone fabrics and a touch of my African American heritage.”
Materials & Tools:
Please bring to class:
- Sketch book and colored pencils or other drawing materials
- Fabric scraps, at least 3 inches in either direction
- Some larger pieces of fabric, fat quarters (18” x 22”) or similar size
- Rotary cutter with good, sharp blade
- Several #15 bobbins
- Basic sewing kit including thread, scissors, pincushion, pins, needles, seam ripper, thimble
We supply sewing machines, but you may bring your own machine if you prefer.
Storage is very limited, so students must prepare to bring their materials and supplies to class each week.