- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Appliqué, a process of cutting, layering and sewing cloth to create pictures, can serve as an illustrative device, a form of collage or even a pathway to three dimensions. Learn basic techniques to create appliquéd images and forms, then begin to explore how to go further, take risks and court the unexpected.
Check out Joetta's blog, which touches on all kinds of fiber arts, her own and others’.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Please bring to class:
- a pair of sewing scissors
- pincushion with straight pins (pins with ball heads work best, although any straight pins will work)
- at least two embroidery needles
- an embroidery hoop, 6”–8” recommended
- Cotton DMC embroidery floss, 2–3 skeins (or more) of different colors
- a water–soluble fabric marker (available at any craft or fabric store)
- basic cotton or linen fabric, pre–washed, at least 10” x 10”
- scraps of fabric to use in appliqué
- found objects to use in appliqué
- a pencil
- a Sharpie pen
- sketch paper (newsprint, copy paper, notebook, your choice)
We will provide some random fabric scraps available for use in class.
Vintage linens will be available for purchase in class.
Find out where to buy supplies.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.