Knitting Winter Socks 1F19
Learn knitting and start and finish a set of warm woolly socks for the winter. Learn various knitting stitches, how to follow a knitting pattern and how to knit in the round. No prior knitting experience required. Limit 6 students
Theona White is a costume designer and technician.
She has worked full time on the North Shore Music Theater stitcher/wardrobe team, altering and maintaining theatrical costumes for musical productions such as 42nd Street, Mamma Mia and Hairspray. She also provided wig maintenance for the North Shore Music Theater productions of Jekyll and Hyde and Hairspray. Other positions include Assistant Milliner at Salmagundi Hat Shop and freelance Costume Designer/Technician throughout the Boston area. Credits for Costume Design include Madagascar Jr. (Greater Boston Stage Company), Memorial (Boston Playwrights’ Theater) and Good (New Repertory Theater).
She holds a Masters of Fine Arts in Costume Design from Boston University.
Sewing, Fiber Arts, Costume Design, Clothing Design
Materials & Tools:
- Please note we will be knitting a beginning level pattern in this class. If you would like to bring a more complicated pattern, fantastic! but please amend the materials you bring accordingly.
- Yarn, Darning or Tapestry Needle
- Worsted Weight Yarn 4 ply (285 yds, Gauge 4.5 stitches per inch aka a medium weight yarn)
- 4 size 6 double pointed needles
- Tape measure 60” or Ruler
- Stitch marker