NOTE: Our SUMMER PROGRAM for CHILDREN is canceled, along with all SUMMER and FALL In-House classes.
Mixed Media 1S20 CANCELED
Nancy Hart is a Massachusetts based painter, occasional poet and prescient maker. Her passions lie in the conversation of cultural production. Ms. Hart has an MFA in Visual Arts and Critical Theory from the former Art Institute of Boston presently LUCAD Lesley College of Art and Design, and a BFA in painting from Tufts/SMFA. She studied Photography at Radcliffe Institute, Art History at Harvard University Extension and Massachusetts College Art. Art residencies include: Open Wabi in Ohio and Art Studio Ginestrelle in Assisi, Italy. She was awarded a CS Art Grant from the City of Cambridge in 2017. She has mentored for the Emerging Artist Program at the Museum of Fine Arts, advised for a MFA candidate at SUNY, New Paltz, NY, is a private mentor to other artists and has been a portfolio reviewer for the College Art Ass. She currently teaches studio courses at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston including a Drawing and Painting Intensive and The Expanded Studio, and will be adding Beginning Painting in January 2020. Nancy Hart has built a living thesis into her studio practice, through decades of expansive research, practicing art, viewing art & film and popular media. She considers the world and its myriad contents and our experiences as we may individually know them—to be the material for making our work.
Drawing and Painting, Mixed media, Illustration
Materials & Tools:
- Drawing Supplies: Graphite Pencils, Pens, Markers, Colored Pencils, Chalk
- Painting Supplies: Assorted Brushes, Oil Sticks, Acrylic Paint, Watercolors, Brown Ink, Gouache
- Collage Materials: Assorted paper, magazines, decorative paper, photos, tissue paper, stickers, wrapping paper, fabric scraps, unstretched canvas, cotton balls, plastic wrap, foil, etc
- Adhesives: Scotch Tape, Glue Sticks, Glue Gun
- Needle, Thread, String, Rope, Twine or Ribbon
- Colored Pencils