Mixed Media: 2-D 1M19
Work with various collage materials, including vintage and decorative papers, newspaper, pre-painted paper and other materials of your choice. Transfer images using acrylic gel medium, graphite paper, stencils, stamps and frottage. Create an artwork of your own design or work from an example. (A break for lunch is included in the schedule.) Limit 10 students
Terry Boutelle has been a painter for over 30 years, working in acrylic, watercolor, printmaking and mixed media. A member of the Jamaica Plain Artists Association, Cambridge Art Association and Fort Point Arts Community, she exhibits her work throughout New England. She has studied art at Boston College, School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Massachusetts College of Art & Design, wand holds an MFA from the MassArt program at Fine Arts Work Center.
Drawing and Painting
Materials & Tools:
- Exacto knife
- Paint brushes (various sizes)
- Acrylic paint colors
- Palette or palette paper
- Acrylic gel medium (your choice of gloss or matte)
- Container for water
- Your preferred surface to work on: heavy paper, canvas or canvas board, panel, foam core, etc.
- A theme you’d like to work with
- Student’s choice of papers that you are interested in working with, which can include any of the following:
- Xeroxed, laser printed, or ink-jet printed images, decorative and vintage paper, newspaper, magazines, copies of old letters or photographs, old wallpaper, fabric swatches, netting, lace (let your imagination guide you!). The instructor will also provide some materials.