Notice All SPRING In-House Classes and Workshops are canceled
Mixed Media: Raising the Surface 1M20
Add texture and dimensionality to the surface of your mixed media art using various acrylic mediums, embossing and other methods. Limit 10 students
Terry Boutelle has been a painter for over 30 years, working in acrylic, watercolor, printmaking and mixed media. A member of the Jamaica Plain Artists Association, Cambridge Art Association and Fort Point Arts Community, she exhibits her work throughout New England. She has studied art at Boston College, School of the Museum of Fine Arts and Massachusetts College of Art & Design, wand holds an MFA from the MassArt program at Fine Arts Work Center.
Drawing and Painting
Materials & Tools:
- Exacto knife
- Paint brushes (various sizes)
- Acrylic paint colors
- Palette or palette paper
- Acrylic gel medium (your choice of gloss or matte)
- Container for water
- Your preferred surface to work on: heavy paper, canvas or canvas board, panel, foam core, etc.
- A theme you’d like to work with
- Student’s choice of papers that you are interested in working with, which can include any of the following:
- Xeroxed, laser printed, or ink-jet printed images, decorative and vintage paper, newspaper, magazines, copies of old letters or photographs, old wallpaper, fabric swatches, netting, lace (let your imagination guide you!). The instructor will also provide some materials.