- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Sculptural Crochet *NEW*
Combine traditional crochet with unconventional materials, transforming fiber and raw materials into evocative sculptural constructions. Explore the anatomy of the stitch, its actions, character and dimensions, in the creation of forms and textured surfaces. Play with scale, using materials from wire to plastic to wool, and looking at work by fiber artists in the process. You will use adaptations of several different genres of crochet in this class. Prerequisite: Must know single and double crochet.
Age Range17+, teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Basic/beginner's knowledge of crochet.
Please bring to class:
- Assorted crochet hooks: anything you own (from very small to very large) but nothing too nice, since wire is harsh. Instructor prefers metal, but plastic is economical and are available in packages constaining several sizes.
- Tapestry needle
- Assorted materials that inspire you: wool, fabric strips, jute, string, ribbons, embroidery floss, grass, plastic, old sweaters, organic matter, monofilament, etc.
- Wire cutters and pliers (only if you own them already; instructor will provide one of each for everyone to share)
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.