- By Category
- By Age Group
- Evaluate a Class
- Propose a Class
- Private Lessons
- Home School Option
- Gift Certificates
- Course Supplies
- Links & Resources
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Contact Us
Wood Turning Week: Bowls & Beyond
Co-sponsored with Eastern Massachusetts Guild of Woodworkers
Use the lathe to turn wood into functional objects and art – bowls, platters, sculptures and more. If you wish, add surface decoration with color, burning and other techniques. By spending a week with the lathe, you will rise to a new level of skill, no matter your starting point. Beginners will get started and make several objects. Intermediate and advanced participants will also make several objects, with a chance to push the envelope and attain new skills. All levels welcome.
Other Summer Craft Intensives
Immerse yourself in craftsmanship, creativity and community. Exchange ideas, inspire each other during classroom walkthroughs.
- Woodworking & Furniture: Trestle Table of Your Own Design • Upholstery
- Fiber Arts & Fashion: Capsule Wardrobe: Personalized Collection • Dyeing to Felt • Crazy Quilting: Traditional Techniques for Modern Storytelling • Fiber Art: Hangings & Sculptural Objects • Intro to Shoemaking: Derbies & Oxfords
- Printmaking: Artist Books from Found Materials • Printmaking Mash-Up
- Fine Art: The Figure: A Sculptural Investigation
- The Artisan's Table
Age Range17+, younger teens with instructor's permission
Skill LevelAll Levels
Before entering the shop, read about SAFETY.
Materials, including wood, will be available for purchase in class.
When classes are FULL, put yourself on a waiting list. But please do NOT register for full classes.
- Fall 16'–Winter 17' catalog (pdf)
- Spring–Summer 17' catalog (pdf)
- Summer Program for Children
- Registration Form (pdf)
- Refunds, Cancellations, Discounts & Other Policies
We also add classes outside of our printed catalog. Browse to find out more.