- All Classes
- Book & Paper Arts Classes
- Drawing & Painting Classes
- Fiber Arts Classes
- Mixed Media Classes
- Photography Classes
- Printmaking Classes
- Sewing & Fashion Classes
- Tinkering & Inventing Classes
- Upholstery & Restoration Classes
- Woodworking Classes
- Other Crafts Classes
- Classes for Children
- Classes for Teens
- Classes for Adults
- Summer Program for Children
- Summer Intensives
- Private Lessons
- Gift Certificates
- Propose a Class
- Evaluate a Class
Find a Class
The Eliot School offers classes to people of all ages in woodworking, sewing and yarn, fiber arts, book arts, drawing, painting, photography and other crafts and fine arts.
We reach thousands of people each year from Boston and beyond with our classes and events. We also send teaching artists and artisans into the city to bring our programs to classrooms and community centers. Many others enjoy our Teen Bridge and Artist in Residence programs, our artisans’ talks, faculty exhibitions and other events.
19th century reports applauded the Eliot School for helping students “satisfy that instinctive desire of human beings to create.” Today, we still pursue the pleasures of craftsmanship and artistic creation—and continue our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to join us and pursue your human desire to create.
The Eliot School inspires lifelong learning in craftsmanship and creativity for all.
The Eliot School cultivates welcoming environments where people convene across a continuum of age, economic means and backgrounds to build skills, craftsmanship and community. Its offerings satisfy the human desires to create, engage in self-expression and learn by doing, and its vision builds upon the school's historic role in shaping education in fine and applied arts.
Learning and Enjoyment
- We provide opportunities to imagine, create and build with head, hands and heart.
- We help students learn for personal fulfillment and enjoyment.
- We embrace students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
Integrity and Excellence
- We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of excellence.
- We conduct ourselves with honesty, fairness and integrity.
Community and Inclusion
- We value and promote inclusivity, diversity and equity.
- We maintain an open and welcoming environment, where all who enter are treated with dignity and respect.
- We are interconnected through high regard for each other as colleagues, partners, teachers, learners and neighbors.
Continuity and Change
- We are respectful stewards of our historical role in shaping education.
- We adapt our mission and programs over time, keeping our work relevant and contemporary.
Welcoming, Inclusivity & Non-Discrimination
The Eliot School welcomes students, faculty and staff of any national or ethnic origin, race, color, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression. The school does not discriminate in admission to its programs or in their administration.
While our Amory Street classroom is handicapped accessible, the Eliot Schoolhouse is not. If you have a disability, please be in touch so that we can discuss your needs and do our best to accommodate you.