Winter Botanical Journaling 1W22 (Online!)
Don't let Winter weather stop you from connecting with nature!
In this 2-session online workshop we’ll learn ways to observe and sketch the natural world around us, focusing on simple but fundamental botanical illustration and watercolor techniques.
Through demonstration, drawing and painting exercises, and discussion you'll gain skills and inspiration for capturing the beauty of the season.
The class will cover ideas for keeping a nature journal, suggestions for finding inspiration during the winter months, and ways to practice your drawing and painting skills after the class.
Students will gather plant material to work from for the class, and the instructor will also provide references during the workshop.
*Registered students will receive a Zoom link to access the course before the course begins. Not familiar with Zoom? Visit their website: https://zoom.us/
Please access the course from a device with both audio and video capability.
The instructor for this class will be announced soon.
Materials to bring to class:
- Watercolor sketchbook or journal (suggested: Canson Montval Artist Watercolor Journal 9x12 or 5.5x8.5 or Canson XL Watercolor Journal)
- Pencil and eraser
- A small set of watercolor paints* (suggested: Daniel Smith 6-pan Sketcher set or Winsor & Newton Sketcher’s Pocket Box)
- Size 4 or 6 round watercolor brush*
- 2 jars of water for painting
- a flat ceramic white dish or other flat palette for mixing paint
- paper towels (a few for each class)
* If you already have watercolor painting supplies you can use those for class. Please contact the instructor if you have questions on paint colors.