Find a Class
Our Art Teachers Alliance offers a workshop series each fall. PD Points are available; ask our PD Coordinator, for details. Use our Find a Class tool. Under Class Type, choose Professional Development.
Forms for Our Teachers
Everyone who is not on fixed salary must submit their hours by the 23rd of each month in order to be included in that month's payroll. Late submissions will be paid the following month.
Please use our portal at Gusto.com.
If you are not comfortable with Gusto, please use our time sheet form and email your time sheet to your supervisor by the 23rd of each month. Include your name and the month in the email subject line.
- Time sheet (doc)
- Time sheet (xlsx)
- Time sheet (Google Drive)
It’s much easier for you—and for us, if you arrange for your paycheck to be deposited straight into your bank account. That eliminates the delay that comes with sending your paycheck through the mail. To enroll, please enter your bank info in Gusto.
- Reimbursement form (pdf)
- Reimbursement form (doc)
- Reimbursement form (Google Drive)
If you need to purchase class supplies or get something photocopied, we’ll reimburse you. Fill out a reimbursement form, above, and attach a copy of the receipt. A simple photo from your phone works perfectly. Email them together to your supervisor, and they’ll give the request to our bookkeeper. We usually issue reimbursement checks within 14 days of submission; an exception would be when our bookkeeper is on vacation.
PTO: Sick Time and Vacation Time
- Sick Time Policy (pdf)
- Sick Time Verification Form (pdf)
Please enter your paid time off (PTO) in Gusto. Our Employee Handbook requires that you give at least 2 weeks' notice to your supervisor, and your supervisor will need to approve your request within Gusto.
Employees working a consistent average of 20+ hours per week fall under the Eliot School's sick time and vacation policies as written in our Employee Handbook. Those who work fewer than 20 hours per week receive sick time according to State law (Sick Time Policy pdf, above).
If you experience or witness an injury, you must submit an Incident/Injury Report form to your supervisor. This should be done right away.
Forms for New Hires
- W4 tax form for waged workers (pdf)
- W9 tax form for freelancers only (pdf)
- CORI Request Form (pdf)
- CORI Request Form (doc)
Boston Public Schools Info
- BPS Calendar
- BPS Schools List & Locations
Resources for Art Teachers
Association of Teaching Artists
Resources, information, connections
National Art Education Association
Supporting professional growth and leadership for visual arts educators
National Guild for Community Arts Education
Membership organization for arts education providers
Teaching Artists Guild
National community for professional teaching artists
Blogs & Other Resources
ArtsBlog (Americans for the Arts)
National dialog on arts education
Art History Resources
Images and information
ArtsEdge (Kennedy Center)
Lessons, standards, links and more
Scroll down on this site for a vast compilation of resources
Teaching for Change
Social justice resources for the classroom
Wisdom of the Hands
Woodworking and hands-on learning blog
There are several options for obtaining supplies for your class:
- Purchase supplies at one of the stores where Eliot School has a house account. The Blick outlet in the Fenway, at 401 Park Drive, has our list of approved teachers. You’ll get 20% off your total purchase and an additional 5% off in sales tax exemption. You must obtain permission from your Program Director first, and be placed on the list, in order to use the Eliot School's house account. Please arrange with our InHouse Program Director for In-House teaching or our Partnership staff for Partnership classes.
- Purchase supplies and submit a Reimbursement Form (above) to be repaid.
- Give your Program Director links to order for you.
- For In-House classes, you may opt to provide supplies and have students pay you for them directly. To do this, you must specify this in advance, in your course proposal or with your Program Director, so that students know the materials fee in advance.
Employee Assistance Resources
The City of Boston posts resources for employees, including resources for alcohol and drug recovery, childcare, domestic violence, mental health, and much more. Find List Here