COVID-19: Our Response
Find a Class
FAQs, Updates, and Refunds
- Our Summer Program for Children and Adult Summer Intensives are canceled, along with all In-House classes for summer and fall.
- Teen Bridge is working with our Artist in Residence online. We will be eager to unveil their project, “InterGeneration,” this fall.
- Our School & Community Partnerships are preparing to teach Boston Public School students for the 2020-2021 school year.
Building & Office Hours
- Our schoolhouse on Eliot Street and our Annex office and classroom at Amory Street are currently closed.
- Staff are working remotely and can answer emails Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm.
- For students who would like to pick up projects and supplies, we understand your desire to retrieve your items and ask for your patience as we work to coordinate a process that follows safe social distancing guidelines. Email us to coordinate a pick up day and time.
If you were registered for a canceled class, please see below for your refund options. The School has lost half of its annual earned income due to Covid-related closure. If you are able to give, your donation is greatly appreciated as we work toward a healthy and safe re-opening.
- FULL DONATION – Donate all of your tuition to help continue art in our community.
- PARTIAL DONATION – Donate a portion of your tuition, and take the remainder as a credit or refund.
- CREDIT – Receive part or all of your tuition as a credit toward a class in the future.
- REFUND – We understand that circumstances are not the same for everyone. If you require either a full or partial refund, we are happy to accommodate.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Safety first! A letter to our community
June 3, 2020
Dear Eliot School Community,
We are closely monitoring news regarding COVID-19. We want to keep you informed of our planning as we do our best to respond.
As always, safety is our top priority, and we depend on your cooperation and participation. Our doors are closed as we consider the safety of our physical space. We care deeply about the wellbeing of all who call the Eliot School home and will proceed with classes when we are sure that we can safely protect all students and staff.
What we are doing:
- We continue to monitor official guidance from health authorities and the state.
- As offices are allowed to reopen, most of our administrative staff will continue to work remotely.
- We are currently limiting the number of people who are able to access our schoolhouse and annex in order to follow social distancing.
- Facilities staff in our schoolhouse are working on improvements while maintaining proper social distancing protocols.
- As facilities staff are working, we may close the gates to our property at times to help maintain social distancing.
- All staff are asked to stay home if presenting symptoms. Temperatures are checked before each shift for those working on site.
- We are staying in touch with our teachers, providing professional development opportunities, and looking forward to welcoming them back once circumstances allow.
- Mass. Dept. of Public Health Fact Sheet & Prevention Instructions
- Mass Dept. of Public Health Overview & Updates
- City of Boston Public Health Commission Update
- New York Times How to Wash Your Hands
- Mayo Clinic Symptoms and Causes